-   -   refreshing combo box in form? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/440332-refreshing-combo-box-form.html)

basstbone

refreshing combo box in form?

Is there a way to refresh the combo box after creating a new record in the
worksheet?

I have a simple form that enters Names & Sales units to the worksheet...I
also have a combo box on the same form whose row source is the names.
After I add the record by using the on click event, how do I refresh the
combo box at the same time?

Dave Peterson

refreshing combo box in form?

How about clearing the rowsource and reassigning it to the expanded (and
sorted???) range.

Option Explicit
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Dim DestCell As Range

If Me.TextBox1.Value = "" Then
Beep
Else
With Worksheets("Sheet1")
Set DestCell = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
DestCell.Value = Me.TextBox1.Value

Me.TextBox1.Value = ""

Me.ComboBox1.RowSource = ""
Me.ComboBox1.RowSource _
= .Range("A1", .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp)) _
.Address(external:=True)
End With

--

Dave Peterson