-   -   Dates prior to 1900 are text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/440222-dates-prior-1900-text.html)

XP

Dates prior to 1900 are text

Excel 2007 doesn't recognize dates prior to 1900. Dates entered prior to 1900
are not formatted as dates, but seem to become text. I can't do calculations
between such dates...what gives?

Anyone know how to over come this horrible limitation?

Dave Peterson

Dates prior to 1900 are text

John Walkenbach has an addin that may help you:
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/xdate.htm

--

Dave Peterson

Gary''s Student

Dates prior to 1900 are text

see:

http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/xdate.htm

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001

"xp" wrote:

Excel 2007 doesn't recognize dates prior to 1900. Dates entered prior to 1900
are not formatted as dates, but seem to become text. I can't do calculations
between such dates...what gives?

Anyone know how to over come this horrible limitation?

Autor

Dates prior to 1900 are text

You need to treat that dates as numbers and at the end present the result as
a text that looks like a date.