-   -   Use VBA to update Access table or Query from Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/440214-use-vba-update-access-table-query-excel.html)

leungkong

Can I use VBA to update Access table or Query from Excel?

Thanks in advance

Jan Karel Pieterse

Hi Leungkong,

Can I use VBA to update Access table or Query from Excel?

Of course, using ADO or DAO.
See:

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/...badacexportado

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com

leungkong

Hi Jan,

Thanks. I think ADO is what I want.
But I am not only want to export from excel to access.
I want to edit some data in access table.

For example, Access has a table "ProductList"
I want to use Excel to call the product by "ProductCode" field.
After I update the "UnitPrice" via excel to access.

Can I use ADO to do it? If yes, could you please advice me some book or
link? Thank you very much.

Kind Regards,
Kong

"Jan Karel Pieterse" wrote:

Hi Leungkong,

Can I use VBA to update Access table or Query from Excel?

Of course, using ADO or DAO.
See:

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/...badacexportado

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com

.

Jan Karel Pieterse

Hi Leungkong,

For example, Access has a table "ProductList"
I want to use Excel to call the product by "ProductCode" field.
After I update the "UnitPrice" via excel to access.

Can I use ADO to do it? If yes, could you please advice me some book or
link? Thank you very much.

The information is in the same link I gave previously.

There is a microsoft press book called "Programming ADO" by Sceppa which is
quite good.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP