-   -   What is Selected? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/440119-what-selected.html)

Gary''s Student

What is Selected?

How can I determine or identify what is Selected on the ActiveSheet? Is it a
cell or group of cells? Is it a Shape or Chart or something else?
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001

Peter T

What is Selected?

s = TypeName(Selection)

If that returns "Range" go on to examine the range object, eg
Selection.Areas.Count ' if 1 it's a multiple selection
Selection.Count ' if =1 it's a single cell

With objects Selection returns the name at the DrawingObject level, eg
"Rectangle" or if multiple "DrawingObjects". With an Active chart it'll be
the name of the chart element, eg PlotArea, Series, Point, etc

Regards,
Peter T

"Gary''s Student" wrote in message
How can I determine or identify what is Selected on the ActiveSheet? Is it
cell or group of cells? Is it a Shape or Chart or something else?
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001

Gary''s Student

What is Selected?