-   -   Why use tables?? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/439945-why-use-tables.html)

Robert Crandal

Why use tables??

I see that tables can easily format a big range of cells using
fancy multi-colored rows and column headers. Is there any
other benefit or reason for using such a table?? It seems to
me that I could manually format all my cells' colors and
borders....so, does that mean that a table is just a fast and
easy way to format a big range?? I'm just looking for
reasons why anybody would use tables (other than fast
formatting).

Thank you

OssieMac

Why use tables??

Hi Robert,

I assume that you mean in xl2007. The biggest advantatage I have seen is
that each table can have it's own separate Autofilter.

I will be monitoring this thread to see what others have to say.

OssieMac

"Robert Crandal" wrote:

I see that tables can easily format a big range of cells using
fancy multi-colored rows and column headers. Is there any
other benefit or reason for using such a table?? It seems to
me that I could manually format all my cells' colors and
borders....so, does that mean that a table is just a fast and
easy way to format a big range?? I'm just looking for
reasons why anybody would use tables (other than fast
formatting).

Thank you

.

Peter T

Why use tables??

http://www.jkp-ads.com/articles/Excel2007tables.asp

Regards,
Peter T

"Robert Crandal" wrote in message
I see that tables can easily format a big range of cells using
fancy multi-colored rows and column headers. Is there any
other benefit or reason for using such a table?? It seems to
me that I could manually format all my cells' colors and
borders....so, does that mean that a table is just a fast and
easy way to format a big range?? I'm just looking for
reasons why anybody would use tables (other than fast
formatting).

Thank you

Roger Govier[_8_]

Why use tables??

Robert
Take a look at the reply to your later posting

--
-------
Regards

signature database 4893 (20100224) __________