-   -   Formula needed to SUM and COUNT in specific way (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/439855-formula-needed-sum-count-specific-way.html)

K[_2_]

Formula needed to SUM and COUNT in specific way

Hi all, I have data in Sheet1 and Sheet2 as shown below

Sheet1
A B-----col
Data Amount----headings
XX 2
YY 4
SS 5
XX 9
GG 8
HH 3
SS 5

Sheet2
A B C---col
Data Sum Count---headings
XX
SS
HH

I need some kind of SUM formula in column B and COUNT formula in
column C of Sheet2 which should only SUM and COUNT the amounts in
column B of Sheet1 of which same row value in column A of Sheet 1
match with column A of Sheet2. So the result should be like as shown
below.

Sheet2
A B C---col
Data Sum Count---heading
XX 11 2
SS 10 2
HH 3 1

Please can any friend have any formula in mind for this kind of
calculation. Thanks in advance

Andrew Taylor

Formula needed to SUM and COUNT in specific way

Answered in microsoft.public.excel.misc