-   -   Populate combobox with folder names (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/439716-populate-combobox-folder-names.html)

damorrison

Populate combobox with folder names

I had found this code to show folder names that displays in a msgbox,
is it possible to get the list of folder names into a combobox?

---------------------------------------

Sub ListFolders()
Dim fs, f, f1, fc, s
Dim folderspec
folderspec = "C:\Excel\"
Set f = fs.GetFolder(folderspec)
Set fc = f.SubFolders
For Each f1 In fc
s = s & f1.Name
s = s & vbCrLf

Next
MsgBox s

This is for excel 2000

Thanks

dan dungan

Populate combobox with folder names

is the combobox on a worksheet or a userform?

damorrison

On Feb 18, 5:05*pm, dan dungan wrote:
is the combobox on a worksheet or a userform?

Thanks for the reply, it will be from the controlls toolbar that will
be on the worksheet.

Dave Peterson

Populate combobox with folder names

Option Explicit
Sub ListFolders()
Dim fs, f, f1, fc, s
Dim folderspec
folderspec = "C:\Excel\"
Set f = fs.GetFolder(folderspec)
Set fc = f.SubFolders
For Each f1 In fc
Worksheets("Sheet1").ComboBox1.AddItem f1.Name
Next f1
End Sub

Change the name of the worksheet and the name of the combobox if you have to.

--

Dave Peterson

damorrison

Populate combobox with folder names

Thank you, that works great

damorrison

Populate combobox with folder names

On Feb 18, 8:08*pm, damorrison wrote:
Thank you, that works great

The code works well.

When I use it on a system that uses two screens, and click the
ComboBox, the list shows up on the opposite screen as the combobox. I
then used a UserForm instead to populate the combobox, placing the
code in UserForm_Initialize, it populated just fine, but then again,
when I click the combobox in the UserForm, the list still shows up in
the opposite screen instead of the screen with the userform, is there
a way to stop this from happening?

Dave Peterson

Populate combobox with folder names

I don't understand.

The code puts the list in a combobox on Sheet1. I don't see anything that uses
a userform.