-   -   VLOOKUP (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/439693-vlookup.html)

terilad

VLOOKUP

Hi,

Is there any way that VLOOKUP can lookup 2 cells to report data back,
example, I have a table of staff names that can work on certain days of the
week per dayshift and per nightshift, I am needing to input a date into a
cell and the N/S or D/S into another cell and I need the staff names to be
input into cells that can work on each of the dates either N/S or D/S, can
this be done or is there some other function that I can use?

Any help would be great.

Many thanks

Mark

arjen van der wal

VLOOKUP

Hi Mark,

Are you trying to do this via VBA or just a formula? If a formula is
sufficient you can just concatenate two VLOOKUPS. Try something like this:

=VLOOKUP("0022",A1:E19,2,FALSE)&" " &VLOOKUP("0022",A1:E19,3,FALSE)

This will leave a space between the two values (hence the " ").
If you wanted to do it programmatically, the same concept should work.