-   -   Open file and keep it hidden (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/439583-open-file-keep-hidden.html)

jodleren

Open file and keep it hidden

I am pretty sure I posted yesterday regarding this...

when automating Excel, I use GetObject (GetActiveOleObject in Delphi)
and use Excel if already open.
Then I open a file, change (replace) something in it, and save it
again.

Can I do this hidden?
I mean, so my file does not appear in the task bar?
I can hide the window, but --- when I open the file it will flash for
a short second.

Any ideas?

WBR
Sonnich

joel[_671_]

Open file and keep it hidden

Use Create object then use the object to open the workbook. something
like this

Set Newobj = CreateObject("Excel.Application)
Newobj.visible = False
Newobj = workbooks.open(filename:="book1.xls")

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

Microsoft Office Help