-   -   Trying to create conditional format cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/439438-trying-create-conditional-format-cell.html)

Sky

Trying to create conditional format cell

trying to automate a form. Have 1st part of what I want to do but don't know
how to do the rest. Example
Cell "C" = Cell A minus cell B . Now what I want to do is this: if Cell C is
10 percent less than Cell D then text is Red, Bold, Fill is yellow. is this
Possible? Not very good at math functions.

Luke M

Trying to create conditional format cell

select cell C2. Format - Conditional Format. Change first box to "Formula
is". In second box, input this:
=C2<0.9*D2
Click the format button, on text tab, select bold, and on pattern tab,
choose yellow.
Ok out.

(assuming you meant 10% less or more)
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Sky" wrote:

trying to automate a form. Have 1st part of what I want to do but don't know
how to do the rest. Example
Cell "C" = Cell A minus cell B . Now what I want to do is this: if Cell C is
10 percent less than Cell D then text is Red, Bold, Fill is yellow. is this
Possible? Not very good at math functions.

[email protected]

Trying to create conditional format cell

paste it to the formula into conditional formatting. My english is bad I
hope U will understand.
=C2<(D2-0,1*D2)

"Sky" wrote:

trying to automate a form. Have 1st part of what I want to do but don't know
how to do the rest. Example
Cell "C" = Cell A minus cell B . Now what I want to do is this: if Cell C is
10 percent less than Cell D then text is Red, Bold, Fill is yellow. is this
Possible? Not very good at math functions.

still a little confused. When you say format do you mean click on
conditional format tab or cell format . if conditional which tab next. Sorry
I need the Dummies version :)