-   -   Excel - BREAK in macro/VB (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/439333-excel-break-macro-vbulletin.html)

Beelymagee

Excel - BREAK in macro/VB

The college has a timesheet app that requires Excel Macros be enabled, which
I've done. A user tries to execute the spreadsheet w/macro which should open
the spreadsheet and a navigation window. Has worked flawlessly prior to her
get a new PC - her previous PC Windows XP "profile" was moved over to her new
PC. Now, when she runs the timesheet and enables the macro, a 2nd window
appears (Visual Basic editor?) with the word BREAK tacked on to the file. The
interface for the timesheet appears to be functioning, but none of the
options work - dead clicks.
The debug window lists the timesheet script, it displays a password window
when I try to access the script. If I close the VB script window, the
following is displayed, "This command will stop the debugger." and then I can
close the failed timesheet window.
Any ideas how this script debugging got turned on and how to turn it off?
I've done quite a bit of searching and no luck.

joel[_652_]

Excel - BREAK in macro/VB

There are 3 break on error options in Excel and the options is part of
the installed software on the PC and is not part of the workbook.

The optionis in the VBA menu tools - OPtions General - Error Trapping.

Try changing the option. Most likely the mode got changed to "Break on
All Errors". the macro probably alway had the error and would of
occured i 2003 as well as 2007. But there also were lots of new error
created in 2007.

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229