-   -   How to use InputBox for passphrase entry? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/439305-how-use-inputbox-passphrase-entry.html)

Joe User[_2_]

How to use InputBox for passphrase entry?

Ostensibly, I would like to use InputBox (or the equivalent) to enter a
passphrase for an encryption algorithm. The problem: the passphrase is
normally in the clear when typing in the InputBox field.

Is there some way to cause the system to echo "*" or the equivalent for each
character as they are typed?

dk[_2_]

On Feb 8, 2:22*pm, "Joe User" <joeu2004 wrote:
Ostensibly, I would like to use InputBox (or the equivalent) to enter a
passphrase for an encryption algorithm. *The problem: *the passphrase is
normally in the clear when typing in the InputBox field.

Is there some way to cause the system to echo "*" or the equivalent for each
character as they are typed?

Why don't you put a text box into a Userform and use it as Input box?

Bob Phillips[_4_]

How to use InputBox for passphrase entry?

You need to build a userform and use a textbox with the PasswordChar
property set to *

HTH

Bob

"Joe User" <joeu2004 wrote in message
Ostensibly, I would like to use InputBox (or the equivalent) to enter a
passphrase for an encryption algorithm. The problem: the passphrase is
normally in the clear when typing in the InputBox field.

Is there some way to cause the system to echo "*" or the equivalent for
each character as they are typed?

OssieMac

How to use InputBox for passphrase entry?

Hi Joe,

A textBox has a property whereby you can set the character you want to be
displayed in lieu of the real characters. Create a simple userform with a
TextBox or even place a textbox on the worksheet.

OssieMac

"Joe User" wrote:

Ostensibly, I would like to use InputBox (or the equivalent) to enter a
passphrase for an encryption algorithm. The problem: the passphrase is
normally in the clear when typing in the InputBox field.

Is there some way to cause the system to echo "*" or the equivalent for each
character as they are typed?

.

Joe User[_2_]

"Bob Phillips" wrote:
You need to build a userform and use a textbox with
the PasswordChar property set to *

Thanks to all who responded similarly.