Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Append Worksheet name to each begining of each row with values

Excel 2007

Hello,

I need to create a macro that will go through each worksheet and append the
worksheet name to the begining of each row if there is a value. Here is what
I have so far. This runs but takes my last worksheet name and appends that
name to the rows in my first worksheet instead of appending my first
worksheet name.

Sub Append()

Dim LastRow As Long
Dim cl As Range
Dim ws As Worksheet

For I = 1 To Worksheets.Count
With Worksheets(1)
Set ws = Worksheets(I)
.Cells(I, 1).Value = ws.Name
End With
Next I

LastRow = Range(Cells(Rows.Count), Cells(Rows.Count, 1)).End(xlUp).Row

For Each cl In Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(LastRow, 1))
If Not IsEmpty(cl) Then
cl.Value = ws.Name & "." & cl.Value
End If
Next cl