-   -   file chooser (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/439087-file-chooser.html)

Diana

file chooser

I want users to be able to specify the directory where their files are
located. I manipulate a number of files, one person might have them under
c:\mydata, another might store them f:\test. Is there such a control in
Excel? Thanks in advance.

JLGWhiz[_2_]

file chooser

This might be what you are looking for:

Sub dk()

Wb = Application.Dialogs(xlDialogOpen).Show
MsgBox ActiveWorkbook.Name
End Sub

You can use the "previous" icon in the dialog box to walk back up the
directory chain.

"Diana" wrote in message
I want users to be able to specify the directory where their files are
located. I manipulate a number of files, one person might have them under
c:\mydata, another might store them f:\test. Is there such a control in
Excel? Thanks in advance.

Jacob Skaria

file chooser

If you are looking for a folder picker then try

Sub Macro()

Dim strFolder As String
With Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker)
.AllowMultiSelect = False
If .Show = -1 Then
strFolder = .SelectedItems(1)
Else