-   -   hide colum based on cell value on each worksheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/439043-hide-colum-based-cell-value-each-worksheets.html)

Norvascom

hide colum based on cell value on each worksheets

I have a workbook with several worksheets. I am trying to write a VBA
macro that would look at row 5 to see if any cells indicate "Hide
column". If it does, it would hide all the columns indicating "Hide
column" on this worksheet. Then it would continue the same process to
the next worksheet, and the next one ...

I currently have the macro working for the individual worksheet (see
below), but I would like to have it work to do all the worksheets of
the workbook.

Sub HideColumn()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For a = 5 To 200
If Range("A5").Offset(0, a).Value = "Hide column" Then Range
("A5").Offset(0, a).EntireColumn.Hidden = True
Next a
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Thanks in advance for your help.

Per Jessen

hide colum based on cell value on each worksheets

Hi

This should do it:

Sub HideColumn()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each sh In ThisWorkbook.Sheets
For a = 5 To 200
If sh.Range("A5").Offset(0, a).Value = "Hide column" Then
sh.Range("A5").Offset(0, a).EntireColumn.Hidden = True
End If
Next a
Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Per

On Feb 1, 2:25*am, "Per Jessen" wrote:
[...]

* *Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
* *For a = 5 To 200
* *If Range("A5").Offset(0, a).Value = "Hide column" Then Range
("A5").Offset(0, a).EntireColumn.Hidden = True
* *Next a
* *Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Thanks in advance for your help.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, it works perfectly.