-   -   Cell Interior Color (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/438994-cell-interior-color.html)

Mike H.

Cell Interior Color

DataArray(Z, 2) = Cells(X, 1).Interior.ColorIndex
Cells(X, 1).Interior.ColorIndex = DataArray(Z, 2)

I go through a loop and if I execute both these lines on a cell, the
original cell color may be a light shade of purpose but after I set the color
to the same color, it is now a shade of gray! Why?

B Lynn B

Cell Interior Color

It looks like you might want to try the .Color property instead of .ColorIndex.

"Mike H." wrote:

DataArray(Z, 2) = Cells(X, 1).Interior.ColorIndex
Cells(X, 1).Interior.ColorIndex = DataArray(Z, 2)

I go through a loop and if I execute both these lines on a cell, the
original cell color may be a light shade of purpose but after I set the color
to the same color, it is now a shade of gray! Why?

Dave Peterson

Cell Interior Color

It didn't change appearance for me.

What was the colorindex when you started?

What version of excel are you using?

Are you sure that it isn't just that you selected the cell?

--

Dave Peterson

Chip Pearson

Cell Interior Color

Your code works for me, once I wrapped some code around it. What
version of Excel are you using? You might want to post some compilable
code that illustrates the problem. Omit everything that is irrelevant,
and include code that reliably reproduces the problem.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC