-   -   Show shape on cell select, Hide shape when cell is deselected (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/438880-show-shape-cell-select-hide-shape-when-cell-deselected.html)

Max

Show shape on cell select, Hide shape when cell is deselected

How can the sub below be modified to a sheet level code that works like the
pop-up DV input message (ie when DV cell is selected, the input message will
show)? Or any other sub which can give the same functionality - when cell
(within a defined range on the sheet) is selected, show the shape "txt1",
when cell is deselected, hide the shape? Thanks

Sub T_Box1()
If ActiveSheet.Shapes("txt1").Visible = False Then
ActiveSheet.Shapes("txt1").Visible = True
Else
ActiveSheet.Shapes("txt1").Visible = False

Jacob Skaria

Show shape on cell select, Hide shape when cell is deselected

Hi Max

Try the below..(Sheet event)

If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("A1:B2")) Is Nothing Then
ActiveSheet.Shapes("txt1").Visible = True
Else
ActiveSheet.Shapes("txt1").Visible = False

Jacob

"Max" wrote:

How can the sub below be modified to a sheet level code that works like the
pop-up DV input message (ie when DV cell is selected, the input message will
show)? Or any other sub which can give the same functionality - when cell
(within a defined range on the sheet) is selected, show the shape "txt1",
when cell is deselected, hide the shape? Thanks

Sub T_Box1()
If ActiveSheet.Shapes("txt1").Visible = False Then
ActiveSheet.Shapes("txt1").Visible = True
Else
ActiveSheet.Shapes("txt1").Visible = False

Max

Show shape on cell select, Hide shape when cell is deselected

Thanks, Jacob. I need the shape display to sort-of follow/float next to the
cell selected (just like the DV's input message) as the defined range is a
long col eg A20:A200, and the shape won't be visible once I select cells
further down in that range

Jacob Skaria

Show shape on cell select, Hide shape when cell is deselected

OK Max. Try out the below

If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("A1:H10")) Is Nothing Then
Me.Shapes("txt1").Left = Target.Left + Target.Width
Me.Shapes("txt1").Top = Target.Top

"Max" wrote:

Thanks, Jacob. I need the shape display to sort-of follow/float next to the
cell selected (just like the DV's input message) as the defined range is a
long col eg A20:A200, and the shape won't be visible once I select cells
further down in that range

Max

Show shape on cell select, Hide shape when cell is deselected

Superb. Many thanks, Jacob.

Jacob Skaria

Show shape on cell select, Hide shape when cell is deselected

You are most welcome Max; and thanks for the feedback.
--
Jacob

"Max" wrote:

Superb. Many thanks, Jacob.