-   -   Editing multiple cells at the same time (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/438730-editing-multiple-cells-same-time.html)

Darren

Editing multiple cells at the same time

Example:
Column A contains a list of numbers 5, 10, 15 and 20 in cells 1-4
In A6 i write =(A1)
then copy it down to A9 to repeat the sequence.
Now, if I try to transpose the list all the values change.
I would like to know how, if possible, can I change them all together making
them absolute values so they would read
=$A$1
=$A$2
=$A$3
=$A$4
without doing them 1 at a time.

Gary''s Student

Editing multiple cells at the same time

Use FIND/REPLACE

Find:
Replace with:
$A$
Replace All
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200909

"Darren" wrote:

Example:
Column A contains a list of numbers 5, 10, 15 and 20 in cells 1-4
In A6 i write =(A1)
then copy it down to A9 to repeat the sequence.
Now, if I try to transpose the list all the values change.
I would like to know how, if possible, can I change them all together making
them absolute values so they would read
=$A$1
=$A$2
=$A$3