-   -   Kill the annoying "Auto Fill Options" button (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/438725-kill-annoying-auto-fill-options-button.html)

XP

Kill the annoying "Auto Fill Options" button

In XL 2007 when you copy some cells down by dragging, a small button appears
which sort of hovers over the cell. It looks like a t-square and is called
"Auto-Fill Options". If you click on it, you have some choices like "copy
cells", "fill series", etc.

For me, this is one of the most annoying features in Excel; when it appears,
you can't read the contents of the cells below, especially if your text is
sized small. Even more annoying, it never goes away. Ridiculous. Anyway, can
someone PLEASE tell me how to kill this thing - I want it turned off so I can
see my data...

Thanks!

Mike H

Kill the annoying "Auto Fill Options" button

Hi,

Office button|Excel Options - Advanced tab - Cut,Copy & Paste section

Un-Check 'Show paste options button'
--
Mike

question.

"xp" wrote:

In XL 2007 when you copy some cells down by dragging, a small button appears
which sort of hovers over the cell. It looks like a t-square and is called
"Auto-Fill Options". If you click on it, you have some choices like "copy
cells", "fill series", etc.

For me, this is one of the most annoying features in Excel; when it appears,
you can't read the contents of the cells below, especially if your text is
sized small. Even more annoying, it never goes away. Ridiculous. Anyway, can
someone PLEASE tell me how to kill this thing - I want it turned off so I can
see my data...

Thanks!

XP

Kill the annoying "Auto Fill Options" button

Thanks !!!