-   -   Find in UDF VBA (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/438536-find-udf-vba.html)

caveman.savant

Find in UDF VBA

I'm working on a UDF that looks at several cell values...

if value starts with "B" in cell in column B then set variable "map"
to variable "default" if
"SHORT", "SHT" is in the cell in column G
or "G345" or "G231" is exactly in column B.

else set variable "msp" to variable 1

JLGWhiz[_2_]

Find in UDF VBA

Huh?

"caveman.savant" wrote in message
I'm working on a UDF that looks at several cell values...

if value starts with "B" in cell in column B then set variable "map"
to variable "default" if
"SHORT", "SHT" is in the cell in column G
or "G345" or "G231" is exactly in column B.

else set variable "msp" to variable 1

JLGWhiz[_2_]

Find in UDF VBA

A UDF must return a single value, otherwise it becomes a procedure and needs
the Sub keywork vs the Function keyword in the title line.

"caveman.savant" wrote in message
I'm working on a UDF that looks at several cell values...

if value starts with "B" in cell in column B then set variable "map"
to variable "default" if
"SHORT", "SHT" is in the cell in column G
or "G345" or "G231" is exactly in column B.

else set variable "msp" to variable 1

Jim Thomlinson

Find in UDF VBA

Since there does not seem to be a question here I will just say... go ahead
and do that. Sounds good to me...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"caveman.savant" wrote:

I'm working on a UDF that looks at several cell values...

if value starts with "B" in cell in column B then set variable "map"
to variable "default" if
"SHORT", "SHT" is in the cell in column G
or "G345" or "G231" is exactly in column B.

else set variable "msp" to variable 1
.

caveman.savant

Find in UDF VBA

On Jan 18, 10:14*am, "caveman.savant"
wrote:
I'm working on a UDF that looks at several cell values...

if value starts with "B" in cell in column B then set variable "map"
to variable "default" if
*"SHORT", "SHT" is in the cell in column *G
or "G345" or "G231" is exactly in column B.

else set variable "msp" to variable 1

sorry I wasn't clear...
basically looking for a way to find "SHORT", or "SHT" in a cell value.