Old May 10th 16, 01:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Better protection for VBA project?

9 de mayo de 2016, Hi Jan, i try to do this with excel 2011 for mac, but it didn´t work.
there are something leatherlike this in excel 2011 mac ?

El domingo, 17 de enero de 2010, 12:50:40 (UTC-5), Jan Karel Pieterse escribió:
Hi Ron,

Is there a better more secure way to protect a VBA project?

Yes there is (misplaced the link to this one):

1. Save the Excel workbook (.xls) file into an add-in (File SaveAs.....)
2. After you have the saved add-in (.xla), close the Excel workbook (.xls)
3. Double click on the add-in to open it
4. Press Alt+F11 to access the add-in's vba project
5. Lock the vba-project with a password
6. Double-click on the "ThisWorkbook" code module
7. Press F4 to open the Properties window
8. Change the "IsAddin" status to FALSE
9. Return to Excel by Pressing Alt+Q (or close the vbe window)
10. Go to Tools Share Workbook
11. When the dialogue appears, check the box for: (Allow changes by.....)
12. Press OK to close the Dialogue
13. When prompted to save, Press OK
14. Press Ok to accept that "macros cannot be accessed"
15. You should feel giddy at this point because you just realized what you have
been missing right under your nose
16. Verify that the [SHARED] appears in the application title bar
17. Now save the workbook again as an Add-in (File SaveAs...) overwriting the
previous one
18. Close this Excel workbook without saving the changes (you don't need it)
19. Test out your newly saved add-in (open it, access the vbe, try to expand
the project window, you should get the new message "Project is Unviewable"
20. Your done

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com
Member of:
Professional Office Developer Association
www.proofficedev.com

Old October 9th 17, 04:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I just don't understand, GS and Witek, Why everyone in this world wants everything for Free? Particularly, even when you can afford to pay?

Please do appreciate someone's efforts at-least...

I am new to this work.. @57.

But couldn't resist responding, even after 2 yeas of last post..

Cheers Guys..

Ajay

On Friday, November 27, 2015 at 11:12:49 PM UTC+5:30, GS wrote:
hi,

I have tried JKP process and it works but my file contains web quires
and when try to run it shows runtime error 1004 is there any
solution for this?

regards,

Prashant

Unviewable+
It's not free!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Old October 10th 17, 02:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ajaypunjani wrote:

I just don't understand, GS and Witek, Why everyone in this world wants
everything for Free? Particularly, even when you can afford to pay?

Please do appreciate someone's efforts at-least...

I am new to this work.. @57.

But couldn't resist responding, even after 2 yeas of last post..

"Free" is not necessarily a bad thing. All of my publicly-available projects
have been released for free. (Also open source, a not-entirely-related
subject.)

I'm not willing to dig out the old thread just to get some context, but as a
general rule, why should I pay for something when there's something else just
as good (or almost so) that is free? It doesn't matter whether or not I can
afford it.

--
I always hated kids.