-   -   how can i disable/enable "copy and past" in excel sheet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/438513-how-can-i-disable-enable-copy-past-excel-sheet.html)

Aman

how can i disable/enable "copy and past" in excel sheet?

Can you help me with VBA code? because i want t keep the formatting and
condition on cells as i did and disable the user to use copy and past from
another unformatted cell

Gord Dibben

how can i disable/enable "copy and past" in excel sheet?

Place this code in the worksheet module.

'retain formatting when a cell is copied over
Dim myValue
With Application
.EnableEvents = False
myValue = Target.Value
.Undo
Target = myValue
.EnableEvents = True
End With
Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub

Note: will crash if cells are "cut" rather than copied.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 06:17:01 -0800, Aman
wrote:

Can you help me with VBA code? because i want t keep the formatting and
condition on cells as i did and disable the user to use copy and past from
another unformatted cell

Barb Reinhardt

how can i disable/enable "copy and past" in excel sheet?

I've done this by customizing the ribbon to remove that functionality

http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm

I also added some code to catch the keyboard commands and have them do
something different

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/CatchPaste.asp

It was kind of complicated to do it, but given some constraints I had, it
was what needed to be done.

--
HTH,

Barb Reinhardt