-   -   Using the Call Statement (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/438182-using-call-statement.html)

caldog

Using the Call Statement

I have quite a few of the same set of coding in my Excel VBA. I have been
told, but cannot find any thing in the books that I have, about something
called the €˜Call Statement. Can somebody explain to me or show me how this
type of VBA code works.

Thanks

Mike Fogleman[_2_]

Using the Call Statement

Sub FormatMySheet ()
SameOldRoutine 'goes to Sub name
Do some other stuff
End Sub

Sub SameOldRoutine ()
do the same stuff
End Sub

By putting the name of a sub in another sub, code execution goes to the
named sub, runs that code, then returns to the calling sub to finish it's
code.

Mike F
"caldog" wrote in message
I have quite a few of the same set of coding in my Excel VBA. I have been
told, but cannot find any thing in the books that I have, about something
called the 'Call Statement'. Can somebody explain to me or show me how
this
type of VBA code works.

Thanks

Dave Peterson

Using the Call Statement

Lots of times, VBA's help is actually helpful. You may want to look there for
Call.

--

Dave Peterson