-   -   Protecting cell contents (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/438176-protecting-cell-contents.html)

Robert Crandal

Protecting cell contents

I have about 5 cells on my sheet that contain formulas
which reference other sheets. I therefore want to prevent
users from accidentally changing or deleting these 5
formulas. They are free to modify any other data on the
sheet. How can I preserve these 5 cells which cointain
formulas without using the "Protect Sheet" options???

BTW, users have the ability to protect and unprotect this
sheet at any time with their own passwords, so it seems
like I need another way to protect my formulas. I mean,
once the user un-protects the sheet, they are able to
delete anything and everything on the sheet, so I'm looking
for another way to protect my specific cells.

thank you!

Abdul[_2_]

Protecting cell contents

Then You have to use macro to be enabled on the workbook and use your
formula using selection change event

Robert Crandal

Protecting cell contents

Do you mean I need to use Worksheet_Change() to check if those
cells are changed?? is that all??

"Abdul" wrote in message

Then You have to use macro to be enabled on the workbook and use your
formula using selection change event

Abdul[_2_]

Protecting cell contents

Yes!
Put the formula back using code if that cell is changed

Thanks