-   -   inserting more than one column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/438116-inserting-more-than-one-column.html)

SITCFanTN

inserting more than one column

What would the VBA code be to insert 6 columns to the left of Col A? I
recorded a macro but I know there has to be a quick line of code that will do
the same things rather than 10 lines of code from the macro recorder. Thank
you.

Roger Govier[_3_]

inserting more than one column

Hi

Columns("A:F").Insert Shift:=xlToRight

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"SITCFanTN" wrote in message
What would the VBA code be to insert 6 columns to the left of Col A? I
recorded a macro but I know there has to be a quick line of code that will
do
the same things rather than 10 lines of code from the macro recorder.
Thank
you.

signature database 4751 (20100107) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4751 (20100107) __________

http://www.eset.com

Rick Rothstein

inserting more than one column

The generalize form of Roger's statement would be this...

NumberOfCols = 6
Columns("A").Resize(,NumberOfCols).Insert Shift:=xlToRight

where you can set a variable number of columns to insert, as needed. Make
sure you note the comma in front of the variable named NumberOfCols inside
the Resize property call.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)