-   -   After SaveAs Event (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/438060-after-saveas-event.html)

ZipCurs

After SaveAs Event

Hello,

I have a VBA application that appears to work fine. My only known issue is
that when I perform a manual Save As, I get a bunch of garbage on the active
window. I have had this problem and the exact same garbage when running
individual routines in the application, and have gotten rid of them with
Application.ScreenUpdating=False. Minimally, my problem is that I have no
clue where to put this after a manual SaveAs.

In ThisWorkbook, I use Workbook_Open, Workbook_Deactivate,
Workbook_Activate, and Workbook_SheetActivate. None of these appear to run
during Save As operations.

Thank you for you help in advance.

Bob Umlas[_3_]

After SaveAs Event

you want the Workbook_beforesave event

"ZipCurs" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a VBA application that appears to work fine. My only known issue
is
that when I perform a manual Save As, I get a bunch of garbage on the
active
window. I have had this problem and the exact same garbage when running
individual routines in the application, and have gotten rid of them with
Application.ScreenUpdating=False. Minimally, my problem is that I have no
clue where to put this after a manual SaveAs.

In ThisWorkbook, I use Workbook_Open, Workbook_Deactivate,
Workbook_Activate, and Workbook_SheetActivate. None of these appear to
run
during Save As operations.

Thank you for you help in advance.

Ryan H

After SaveAs Event

Put it in this event.

Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below.
--
Cheers,
Ryan

"ZipCurs" wrote:

Hello,

I have a VBA application that appears to work fine. My only known issue is
that when I perform a manual Save As, I get a bunch of garbage on the active
window. I have had this problem and the exact same garbage when running
individual routines in the application, and have gotten rid of them with
Application.ScreenUpdating=False. Minimally, my problem is that I have no
clue where to put this after a manual SaveAs.

In ThisWorkbook, I use Workbook_Open, Workbook_Deactivate,
Workbook_Activate, and Workbook_SheetActivate. None of these appear to run
during Save As operations.

Thank you for you help in advance.

Ryan H

After SaveAs Event

Use this event. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below.

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

' your code here

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Cheers,
Ryan

"ZipCurs" wrote:

Hello,

I have a VBA application that appears to work fine. My only known issue is
that when I perform a manual Save As, I get a bunch of garbage on the active
window. I have had this problem and the exact same garbage when running
individual routines in the application, and have gotten rid of them with
Application.ScreenUpdating=False. Minimally, my problem is that I have no
clue where to put this after a manual SaveAs.

In ThisWorkbook, I use Workbook_Open, Workbook_Deactivate,
Workbook_Activate, and Workbook_SheetActivate. None of these appear to run
during Save As operations.

Thank you for you help in advance.

ZipCurs

After SaveAs Event

Bob & Ryan,

I tried this before and I tried it again. It does not work. I even put a
"stop" in it to ensure that it is accessed, and it is. The problem is that
the garbage shows up after the BeforeSave. I even tried it with
ScreenUpdating left False.

I could imagine doing an automatic SaveAs in BeforeSave and then cancelling
the manual one but these seems a bit hardcore. Any other thoughts?

"ZipCurs" wrote:

Hello,

I have a VBA application that appears to work fine. My only known issue is
that when I perform a manual Save As, I get a bunch of garbage on the active
window. I have had this problem and the exact same garbage when running
individual routines in the application, and have gotten rid of them with
Application.ScreenUpdating=False. Minimally, my problem is that I have no
clue where to put this after a manual SaveAs.

In ThisWorkbook, I use Workbook_Open, Workbook_Deactivate,
Workbook_Activate, and Workbook_SheetActivate. None of these appear to run
during Save As operations.

Thank you for you help in advance.

ZipCurs

After SaveAs Event

Bob,

Thank you for replying. Please see my response to Ryan H.

"ZipCurs" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a VBA application that appears to work fine. My only known issue
is
that when I perform a manual Save As, I get a bunch of garbage on the
active
window. I have had this problem and the exact same garbage when running
individual routines in the application, and have gotten rid of them with
Application.ScreenUpdating=False. Minimally, my problem is that I have no
clue where to put this after a manual SaveAs.

In ThisWorkbook, I use Workbook_Open, Workbook_Deactivate,
Workbook_Activate, and Workbook_SheetActivate. None of these appear to
run
during Save As operations.

Thank you for you help in advance.

.

Ryan H

After SaveAs Event

This is a stretch but it might work. Read the help section on DoEvents.
Maybe your operating system has a lot going on and you need to let it finish
before VBA continues or maybe a weak video card. I'm just guessing. Hope it
helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below.

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

' your code here
DoEvents
' your save code here

' the rest of your code here
DoEvents

"ZipCurs" wrote:

Hello,

I have a VBA application that appears to work fine. My only known issue is
that when I perform a manual Save As, I get a bunch of garbage on the active
window. I have had this problem and the exact same garbage when running
individual routines in the application, and have gotten rid of them with
Application.ScreenUpdating=False. Minimally, my problem is that I have no
clue where to put this after a manual SaveAs.

In ThisWorkbook, I use Workbook_Open, Workbook_Deactivate,
Workbook_Activate, and Workbook_SheetActivate. None of these appear to run
during Save As operations.

Thank you for you help in advance.

ZipCurs

After SaveAs Event

Ryan,

You have answered my question, although I don't plan to act on it. I will
live with a little cosmetic garbage after SaveAs. The primary issue is "your
save code here". I am not really excited about getting into having the right
version.

Thanks

"ZipCurs" wrote:

Hello,

I have a VBA application that appears to work fine. My only known issue is
that when I perform a manual Save As, I get a bunch of garbage on the active
window. I have had this problem and the exact same garbage when running
individual routines in the application, and have gotten rid of them with
Application.ScreenUpdating=False. Minimally, my problem is that I have no
clue where to put this after a manual SaveAs.

In ThisWorkbook, I use Workbook_Open, Workbook_Deactivate,
Workbook_Activate, and Workbook_SheetActivate. None of these appear to run
during Save As operations.

Thank you for you help in advance.

Jacob Skaria

After SaveAs Event

Try disabling the alerts...as below

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.DisplayAlerts = False

' your code here

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

Jacob

"ZipCurs" wrote:

Hello,

I have a VBA application that appears to work fine. My only known issue is
that when I perform a manual Save As, I get a bunch of garbage on the active
window. I have had this problem and the exact same garbage when running
individual routines in the application, and have gotten rid of them with
Application.ScreenUpdating=False. Minimally, my problem is that I have no
clue where to put this after a manual SaveAs.

In ThisWorkbook, I use Workbook_Open, Workbook_Deactivate,
Workbook_Activate, and Workbook_SheetActivate. None of these appear to run
during Save As operations.

Thank you for you help in advance.

ZipCurs

After SaveAs Event

Hello Jacob,

Thanks for your input. Your recommendation would work if I were willing to
insert SaveAs code in the "your code here" area, and Cancelling the manual
action. I have tried this and I don't want to deal with getting the versions
right, dealing with repeat names, etc. All I want to do is a simple action
after the SaveAs. Any thoughts would be welcome, but I think that I am done.