Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Writing Excel macro in 2003 will not work in 2007

I have only 2003 and will help a friend of mine. He has only 2007. When I
write a simple macro in 2003, it will not work in 2007

What format should I save the file

( the macro is simple as Copy one row of data and paste it in another sheet)

Hope these genuine group will find a solution.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

JanB;

I think that when you provide us with some error code or detailed view of
that situation we could be of more help !!

--
Met vriendelijk groet;
Mark Rosenkrantz
"JanB" wrote in message
I have only 2003 and will help a friend of mine. He has only 2007. When I
write a simple macro in 2003, it will not work in 2007

What format should I save the file

( the macro is simple as Copy one row of data and paste it in another
sheet)

Hope these genuine group will find a solution.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe the recipient didn't allow macros to run when they opened your file.

And you should save as a normal workbook (*.xls).

xl2007 will be able to open it.

JanB wrote:

I have only 2003 and will help a friend of mine. He has only 2007. When I
write a simple macro in 2003, it will not work in 2007

What format should I save the file

( the macro is simple as Copy one row of data and paste it in another sheet)

Hope these genuine group will find a solution.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

JanB wrote:
I have only 2003 and will help a friend of mine. He has only 2007. When I
write a simple macro in 2003, it will not work in 2007

What format should I save the file

( the macro is simple as Copy one row of data and paste it in another sheet)

Hope these genuine group will find a solution.

That sort of thing will probably work - at least if he enables running
macros. XL2007 is a lot less trusting of macros in worksheets.

However, anything complex with shapes, charts or selecting files will
fail horribly as certain things were gratuitously changed or withdrawn.

It is quite possible to write a core spreadsheet fully compatible with
all versions of Excel to load XL2003 or XL2007 components as needed
depending on the runtime environment. This may be needed because some
XL2003 constructs give a compile error on 2007 and vice versa.

Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Your friend my have the security level set too high. In Excel 2007, Click on
the Office Button Excel Options Trust Center Trust Center Settings
Macro Settings and make sure that the option "Disable all macros without
notification" is NOT selected. The option "Disable all macros with
notification" allows the user to enable macros. As Dave mentioned, if macros
aren't enabled, no matter what you code, it's not gonna work.

Hope this helps
Bill