-   -   Get website information (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/437964-get-website-information.html)

Danny[_13_]

Get website information

Hi,

I would like to make a vba to get the website information. May I know
what kind of script able to do that?

excel worksheet format:
column A: Stock Code (eg: HKG:0005)
column B: Now Price (eg: 89.30)
column C: other information (not important)
http://www.google.com/finance?q=HKG%3A0005

89.30
-0.10 (-0.11%)
Delayed: 12:29PM HKT
HKG data delayed by 15 mins - Disclaimer Range 88.95 - 89.90 52 week
33.00 - 98.25 Open 89.40 Vol. 6.04M Mkt cap 1.55T P/E 212.91 Div/
yield - EPS 0.42 Shares 17.34B Beta - Inst. own -

AP[_6_]

Get website information

On Jan 4, 7:40*pm, Danny wrote:
Hi,

I would like to make a vba to get the website information. May I know
what kind of script able to do that?

Hi Danny, have a look at:

http://scriptorium.serve-it.nl/view.php?sid=40

It gives you the code for getting the text content of a webpage.

AP

ryguy7272

Get website information

NP, Danny. follow the steps he
http://www.mrexcel.com/tip103.shtml

Do what you need to do a couple times; get comfortable with it. Turn on the
macro recorder, go through the steps, turn off the macro recorder.

Finally, link the code to a command button:
http://www.mrexcel.com/tip068.shtml

--
Ryan---

"AP" wrote:

On Jan 4, 7:40 pm, Danny wrote:
Hi,

I would like to make a vba to get the website information. May I know
what kind of script able to do that?

Hi Danny, have a look at:

http://scriptorium.serve-it.nl/view.php?sid=40

It gives you the code for getting the text content of a webpage.

AP
.

Danny[_13_]

Get website information

hi, thanks.

but it spent ~26sec to get information from 20pages website. seems too
slow.