-   -   Detect "Save" menu event (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/437885-detect-save-menu-event.html)

Robert Crandal

Detect "Save" menu event

How can I handle when the "Save" menu option is
selected by a user?? I basically want to run some
code either before or after a workbook save occurs.

Does this mean that I should handle Workbook_BeforeSave()???
If the "SaveAsUI" parameter is false, does that mean that
a "save" occurred instead of a "save as"??

thank you

Harald Staff[_2_]

Detect "Save" menu event

Hi

Yes, that is the event you want. And your assumption is correct.

Note that if the file is previously unsaved, Save will also display the
SaveAs dialog.

HTH. Best wishes Harald