-   -   Goal Seek Advice (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/437672-goal-seek-advice.html)

Paige

Goal Seek Advice

I got code from Stephen Bullen's site to do goal seek and it works great, but
takes about 7-10 seconds to do each cell. I also tried the built-in VBA
GoalSeek Method, but it locks up. Have 2 questions:
1) There are circular references in some of the affected cells and I'm
wondering if this is the problem with using the built-in function; does
anyone know for sure?
2) Does the 7-10 seconds per cell using Steve's custom code sound abnormal
for goal seek? I know it can vary widely, but am wondering if there's
something in my modified version of Steve's code that I've messed up which is
causing it to take longer...so was just trying to get a feel for what may be
considered 'normal' time parameters so-to-speak.

Anyone's input re their experiences on this would be appreciated. Thanks..

Ryan H

Goal Seek Advice

Post your code for us, so we can help you.
--
Cheers,
Ryan