-   -   Autorun Add-in (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/437332-autorun-add.html)

Todd Heiks

Autorun Add-in

How do i make my addin run when it is added to excel?
I want the user to browse to my addin and then have the addin build the
toolbar for itself.

Regards,
Todd

Chip Pearson

Autorun Add-in

In the XLA's ThisWorkbook code module, put the code to build the menu:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
' your code here
End Sub

Then, use BeforeClose to delete the menu:

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(ByRef Cancel As Boolean)
' your code here
End Sub

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
[email on web site]

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 14:34:11 -0500, "Todd Heiks"
<Todd.Heiks_AT_NoSpam_GreatLakesWindow.com wrote:

How do i make my addin run when it is added to excel?
I want the user to browse to my addin and then have the addin build the
toolbar for itself.

Regards,
Todd

Gord Dibben

Autorun Add-in

Your add-in needs some Workbook_Open event code in Thisworkbook module or
Auto_Open code in a general module.

The code will build the Toolbar.

Don't forget to delete the Toolbar when the add-in closes.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for sample by Dave Peterson.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlToolbar02.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 14:34:11 -0500, "Todd Heiks"
<Todd.Heiks_AT_NoSpam_GreatLakesWindow.com wrote:

How do i make my addin run when it is added to excel?
I want the user to browse to my addin and then have the addin build the
toolbar for itself.

Regards,
Todd

Todd Heiks