-   -   If *Total* make row white (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/437295-re-if-%2Atotal%2A-make-row-white.html)

marcus[_3_]

If *Total* make row white

Hi Ryan

This works fine on my machine. It turns the rows in Column E back to
the normal uncoloured state. If you want it to be white like a ghost
try something like this.

Take care

Marcus

Option Explicit
Option Compare Text

Sub TotalColour()
Dim lastrow As Long, j As Long
lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, 5).End(xlUp).Row
For j = lastrow To 1 Step -1
If (Cells(j, 5).Value) Like "*Total*" Then
Rows(j).Interior.ColorIndex = 2
End If
Next

End Sub

Dave Peterson

If *Total* make row white

Instead of looking at the .value, look at the .text:

If LCase(.Cells(j, 5).Text) Like LCase("*Total*") Then

Or check for an error first:

if iserror(.cells(j,5).value) then
'skip it
else
If LCase(.Cells(j, 5).Value) Like LCase("*Total*") Then
'do the work
end if
end if

ryguy7272 wrote:

Well, I just found the culprit; I have this in two cells (one of each):
#VALUE!
#VALUE! Total

How can I compensate for this?

Thanks,