-   -   Embedded chart location address (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/437257-embedded-chart-location-address.html)

avi

Embedded chart location address

Hello,

Is there a VBA way to return the Range address of an embedded chart.
location on the sheet?

I mean by that the location of the chart as an object itself and not
of its series

Thanks
Avi

JLGWhiz[_2_]

Embedded chart location address

The chart object is like a shape object and basically floats above the
sheet. You can get the Top and Left properties of the ChartObject, which
will give you an anchor point, in points, but I don't believe you will get
an address in terms of a cell reference.

"avi" wrote in message
Hello,

Is there a VBA way to return the Range address of an embedded chart.
location on the sheet?

I mean by that the location of the chart as an object itself and not
of its series

Thanks
Avi

p45cal[_204_]

avi;583029 Wrote:
Hello,

Is there a VBA way to return the Range address of an embedded chart.
location on the sheet?

I mean by that the location of the chart as an object itself and not
of its series

Thanks
Avi

Code:
--------------------

Sub blah()
With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1")
MsgBox Range(.TopLeftCell, .BottomRightCell).Address
Range(.TopLeftCell, .BottomRightCell).Select
End With
End Sub

--------------------

--