-   -   Collecting data from multiple sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/437245-collecting-data-multiple-sheets.html)

Gareth[_2_]

Collecting data from multiple sheets

I have a spreadsheet with approx 15 sheets. The sheets are basically a list
of questions and the answers provided by users. What I need to do is
transfer the answers provided by users onto a single row on another sheet and
then save that sheet as a csv file so that it can be imported into our 'main'
database.

We use XL 2003.

I know that I haven't given much for you to go on but if you think you can
help, let me know and I will send you an example file.

Thanks in advance.

Gareth

Jacob Skaria

Collecting data from multiple sheets

Hi Gareth

--If the sheetnames are named after the username.. user1, user2 etc; then
arrange the user names in ColA

Col A Col B Col C Col D
Name Ques 1 Ques 2 Ques 3
User1 =
User2 =

--In cell B2 apply the below formula which will look at User1!B1. Copy down
the formula as required which will pick up the values from each user sheet.
=INDIRECT("'" & A2 & "'!B1")

--If the answer cells are arranged in an order you can modify the above
formula so that you dont need to have a separate formula for Question 2..

--
Jacob