-   -   File Path (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/437104-file-path.html)

Max2073

File Path

Help needed.

I created a macro that was used only by myself, however this macro now needs
to be used by others.

The macro opens files saved in my c:\documents and settings\max28052\ etc.
The required files have been exported from the corporate database, the files
are automatically named and saved to the users c:\documents and
settings\"username - of the logged on user"\.

I would like to know if I can change my macro to open the required file
regardless of the logged on user. eg Currently my macro has the full file
path c:\documents and settings\max28052\help.xls is there any way it read
c:\documents and settings\"username"\help.xls so that I do not have to
recreate a macro for each individual officer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Simon Lloyd[_1289_]

File Path

If you mean the username as in the windows log in name then yes like
this:

Code:
--------------------
c:\documents and settings\" & Environ("username") & "\help.xls"
--------------------
you can use the application username but this can be chanegd by the user
at will or may not even be in place so your code would fail.

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd