-   -   charting, adding a random gridline (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/437032-charting-adding-random-gridline.html)

cate

charting, adding a random gridline

I have fished thru the objects, looked at my macros, and I cannot
figure out how to add a random gridline on a chart. Is it as
convoluted as some postings seem to make this, or is there a method
I'm overlooking the obvious, some very simple... chart.gridline(axis,
val)?

Thank you

p45cal[_200_]

cate;577994 Wrote:
I have fished thru the objects, looked at my macros, and I cannot
figure out how to add a random gridline on a chart. Is it as
convoluted as some postings seem to make this, or is there a method
I'm overlooking the obvious, some very simple... chart.gridline(axis,
val)?

Thank you

In what way is the gridline random?
Its value? (where it crosses an axis?)
Vertical/Horizontal?
Its appearance - colour, thickness etc.

What's the aim of the random gridline?

An evasive animal, random; throw something at him and he'll probably
duck.

--
p45cal

*p45cal*
p45cal's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=558
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=159772

Microsoft Office Help

Jon Peltier[_2_]

charting, adding a random gridline

Excel's gridlines are associated with the axes they cross, with spacing
equal to the major or minor spacings of these axes. You can't add just
one arbitrarily located gridline.

You can add reference lines to a chart:

Add a Line to a Column or Line Chart

Arbitrary Gridlines and Axis Labels
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbGridLabel.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

Add a Line to a Column or Line Charthttp://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html

cate wrote:
I have fished thru the objects, looked at my macros, and I cannot
figure out how to add a random gridline on a chart. *Is it as
convoluted as some postings seem to make this, or is there a method
I'm overlooking the obvious, some very simple... chart.gridline(axis,
val)?

Thank you

Thank you very muck

cate

cate wrote:
I have fished thru the objects, looked at my macros, and I cannot
figure out how to add a random gridline on a chart. *Is it as
convoluted as some postings seem to make this, or is there a method
I'm overlooking the obvious, some very simple... chart.gridline(axis,
val)?

Thank you

Thank you very muck

oops, that typo doesn't look very nice ... much

Jon Peltier[_2_]

charting, adding a random gridline

That's okay, I got a chuckle out of it.

- Jon