-   -   Saving Multiple Tabs as CSV (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/436966-saving-multiple-tabs-csv.html)

snax500

Saving Multiple Tabs as CSV

In Excel2003, I have many sheets that I want to save as individual CSV
files. For example, I have forty sheets in one file that I will end up
with 40 CSV files. I want the files to called by their tab name and
saved @ c:\temp. Any help would on a macro would be appreciated.
Thanks

Ron de Bruin

Saving Multiple Tabs as CSV

Hi snax500

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy6.htm

Read the information below the macro about changing the code for csv

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"snax500" wrote in message ...
In Excel2003, I have many sheets that I want to save as individual CSV
files. For example, I have forty sheets in one file that I will end up
with 40 CSV files. I want the files to called by their tab name and
saved @ c:\temp. Any help would on a macro would be appreciated.
Thanks

fisch4bill

Saving Multiple Tabs as CSV

Try this (substitute the file name you're working on for YourFileName and the
path you wish to save your csv files to for YourPathName in the code - be
sure to use the quotes as indicated):

Sub SaveSheetsAsFiles()
Dim TabName As String
Dim Sheet As Worksheet
Sheets(1).Activate
On Error Resume Next
For Each Sheet In Sheets
Windows("YourFileName").Activate
TabName = ActiveSheet.Name
MsgBox TabName
ActiveSheet.Next.Activate
Cells.Copy
Workbooks.Add
ActiveSheet.Paste
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="YourPathName" & TabName & ".csv",
FileFormat:=xlCSV
Next Sheet
End Sub

"snax500" wrote:

In Excel2003, I have many sheets that I want to save as individual CSV
files. For example, I have forty sheets in one file that I will end up
with 40 CSV files. I want the files to called by their tab name and
saved @ c:\temp. Any help would on a macro would be appreciated.
Thanks
.

fisch4bill

Saving Multiple Tabs as CSV

Forgot about the posting's formatting issues. The code:
[ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="YourPathName" & TabName & ".csv",
FileFormat:=xlCSV] needs to be all one line or have the line continuation
characters such as:

"snax500" wrote:

In Excel2003, I have many sheets that I want to save as individual CSV
files. For example, I have forty sheets in one file that I will end up
with 40 CSV files. I want the files to called by their tab name and
saved @ c:\temp. Any help would on a macro would be appreciated.
Thanks
.

keiji kounoike

Saving Multiple Tabs as CSV

Try this one.

Sub sheets2csv()
Dim vPath As String
Dim Acbk As Workbook
Dim sh As Worksheet

vPath = "C:\temp"
ChDir vPath
Set Acbk = ActiveWorkbook
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
For Each sh In Worksheets
sh.Copy
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs filename:=ActiveSheet.Name, FileFormat:=xlCSV
ActiveWorkbook.Close
Acbk.Activate
Next

End Sub