Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default renaming excel data lists

Excel 2003 has the Data/Lists/Create Lists functionality. Creating
lists is no problem, but I'm at a loss as to renaming any lists I
create. Excel automatically names the lists in the file as 1, 2, 3...
It would be nice to be able to rename them as desired.

I've been using a workaround of adding a named range over the top of
the list.

example: ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="AddressList",
RefersToR1C1:= range

Obviously, this is clumsy. Is there a better way?

so how do I change

Set rng = ws.ListObjects(1).ListColumns(3).Range

to something like

Set rng = ws.ListObjects("AddressList").ListColumns
(3).Range

Art