-   -   Open password protected file with macros (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/435867-open-password-protected-file-macros.html)

Alberto Ast[_2_]

Open password protected file with macros

I have a password write protected file which i want to open with macros...
How do I do it so it will not ask me for the password?

I want others to open as read only so I force them pasword protecting my
file but then I need to open it to write with macros..

please help

Barb Reinhardt

Open password protected file with macros

you could unlock the cells they write to or unprotect and reprotect as you
run the code. Once protection is added to a worksheet, I think the code
creation is much more tedious.

"Alberto Ast" wrote:

I have a password write protected file which i want to open with macros...
How do I do it so it will not ask me for the password?

I want others to open as read only so I force them pasword protecting my
file but then I need to open it to write with macros..

please help

Alberto Ast[_2_]

Open password protected file with macros

Thanks Barb, I mean the file not a worksheet... I digged deeper into others
posts and find out what I needed.

From Dave Peterson i got the following

Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\Settings.xls", _
Password:="1234", writerespassword:="qwer"