-   -   Deprecated [...] (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/435834-deprecated-%5B-%5D.html)

Bruno Campanini[_5_]

Deprecated [...]

I posted this on microsoft.public.excel but I didn'n
get any opinions yet.
May be I'll be more this side...
What's about MS "deprecated" notation [Sheet2!B5]?
I'm using that notation as it is much simpler to write
than Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("B5").

Am I alone? any opinions?

Bruno

PS
Well, I know I can't use [Sheet2!B5](2),
[MyRangeVar], etc.

Peter T

Deprecated [...]

Not sure where you get the idea that [] is deprecated.

Sure [A1] is faster to type than Range("A1"). It may be fine for quick
testing but suggest never use it in completed code.

1. the object is hardcoded
2. no intellisense
3. internally *considerably* more work is required to "Evaluate" whatever is
between the square brackets. Qualifying with Range directly gets the
object's properties and methods from the type library.

Regards,
Peter T

"Bruno Campanini" wrote in message
I posted this on microsoft.public.excel but I didn'n
get any opinions yet.
May be I'll be more this side...
What's about MS "deprecated" notation [Sheet2!B5]?
I'm using that notation as it is much simpler to write
than Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("B5").

Am I alone? any opinions?

Bruno

PS
Well, I know I can't use [Sheet2!B5](2),
[MyRangeVar], etc.

Dave Peterson

Deprecated [...]

You did get replies.

I'm not sure how you're looking, but I use google to search groups.

http://groups.google.com/advanced_se...blic.excel. *

Give it enough information (you as the author, maybe a keyword or date) and
you'll find it.

--

Dave Peterson