-   -   Problem in Vista (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/435691-problem-vista.html)

jack

Problem in Vista

Hello,
I am using Excel automation in my vbasic programming.
All works fine in Windows XP, however under Vista the
moExcelApp.Workbooks.Count returns 0 despite there is the one opened sheet.
Why is that difference?
In both Windows I use the same, Excel 2003 application.
Thanks,
Jack

jack

Problem in Vista

After testing it more, I discovered that the problem exists only in the
situation when
UAC is turned on and the program runs as administrator.
When it is run as not administrator then there is not any problem with the
code.
Why it is so? How to explain it?
Any comments appreciated.
Jack