-   -   Fixing Excel 2003 VBA that appears broken in Excel 2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/435540-fixing-excel-2003-vba-appears-broken-excel-2007-a.html)

Jeroen Boot

Fixing Excel 2003 VBA that appears broken in Excel 2007

I maintain a spreadsheet created by someone else that calls user defined functions.

Recenty I needed to migrate to Office 2007. All worked fine in xl2003, but xl2007 returns #NAME?.

Even this simple test fails:

Public Function testFunc(MyValue As Variant) As Variant
testFunc = "You gave me " & MyValue
End Function

Can someone give me a hint where to start ?

The XML I-Ching: Tao of the DOM
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-tao-of-t.aspx

Dave Peterson

Fixing Excel 2003 VBA that appears broken in Excel 2007

Did you put the code in a General module (not in a worksheet module, not in the
ThisWorkbook module)?

Did you remember to allow macros to run?

--

Dave Peterson

Barb Reinhardt

Fixing Excel 2003 VBA that appears broken in Excel 2007

It works for me here when I do this

Sub test()
Debug.Print testFunc("value")

End Sub