-   -   Server Connection Error (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/435344-server-connection-error.html)

JerryH

Server Connection Error

While trying to make a connection to our server using SQLOLEDB I get an
'Invalid Connection String Attribute' error. Is there a way to determine what
part of the connection string is bad?
thanks,
Jerry

Patrick Molloy[_2_]

Server Connection Error

Using ADO, your connection string should look something like this:

"PROVIDER=MSDASQL;driver={SQL
Server};server=MySQLserverName;uid=;pwd=;database= MyDatabaseName;"

just replace the server name and the database name