-   -   "For each w in workbooks "can't find ".dat" open excel sheets, (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/435318-each-w-workbooks-cant-find-dat-open-excel-sheets.html)

Ricky

"For each w in workbooks "can't find ".dat" open excel sheets,

I use "for each w in workbooks --- Next w" to find all open workbooks. It
doesn't seem to find .dat files opened in excel, but will find .csv files
opened in excel. How do I find all open files that have been opened by
excel2007? It seems to work fine on older excel software.

Jacob Skaria

"For each w in workbooks "can't find ".dat" open excel sheets,

Try the below...Sorry, right now I am unable to try this in 2007...

Sub Macro()
Dim win As Window
For Each win In Application.Windows
MsgBox win.Parent.Name