-   -   Question regarding what should be a simple operation. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/434931-question-regarding-what-should-simple-operation.html)

srosetti

Question regarding what should be a simple operation.

I'm trying to perform what should be an easy operation in Excel 2003,
but I'm finding it quite daunting.. Maybe I just don't know what I
should be looking for.

What I have is quite a bit of data. I have a column of data in T and
in U. For example..
In Cell T2 I have this data.. '00100.jpg' and in Cell U2 it is
currently blank. What I want is for this code to Copy the contents of
T2 to U2 and append this tag to the end 'lg' so my final data in U2
would look like this '00100lg.jpg' I want to be able to repeat this
on the other lines from Column T that have data. This process would
go on and on untill all of the data in column T was copied to the
Column of U and append that tag to the end.

another tid bit. All the data curently in Column T after the Label in
T1 have 5 digits in them and are in .jpg or .gif extension at the end.

[email protected]

Question regarding what should be a simple operation.

Hi
Use a formula in column U. e.g in U2

=SUBSTITUTE(T2,".","lg.")

then copy it down

regards
Paul

On Oct 14, 9:51*pm, srosetti wrote:
I'm trying to perform what should be an easy operation in Excel 2003,
but I'm finding it quite daunting.. *Maybe I just don't know what I
should be looking for.

What I have is quite a bit of data. *I have a column of data in T and
in U. *For example..
In Cell T2 I have this data.. '00100.jpg' and in Cell U2 it is
currently blank. *What I want is for this code to Copy the contents of
T2 to U2 and append this tag to the end 'lg' so my final data in U2
would look like this '00100lg.jpg' *I want to be able to repeat this
on the other lines from Column T that have data. *This process would
go on and on untill all of the data in column T was copied to the
Column of U and append that tag to the end.

another tid bit. All the data curently in Column T after the Label in
T1 have 5 digits in them and are in .jpg or .gif extension at the end.

Per Jessen

Question regarding what should be a simple operation.

Hi

Use this formula in U2 and copy it down as required:

=LEFT(T2,FIND(".",T2)-1) &"lg" & RIGHT(T2,4)

Regards,
Per

"srosetti" skrev i meddelelsen
[...]

Works great. Thank You :-)