-   -   VBA in Excel to read the VBA Code (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/434781-vba-excel-read-vba-code.html)

TomCee

VBA in Excel to read the VBA Code

Hello:

Is it possible for Excel/VBA to 'read' and display it's own macro /
VBA code?

Let me ask/explain via an example:
My code has a tutorial section in which I would like to have the
tutorial retrieve the macro or button code and display that code it in
a text box.

Thank in advance,
TomC

Dave Peterson

VBA in Excel to read the VBA Code

Depending on security settings (set by each user), it could be possible using
some of the code at Chip Pearson's site:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.aspx

Personally, I'd just copy|paste the code to a worksheet and then hide that
worksheet.

--

Dave Peterson