-   -   how to preset to a network drive? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/434659-how-preset-network-drive.html)

Ludo

how to preset to a network drive?

Hi,

I would like to open a file on a network drive.

the ChDir "\\KNDCLT13475.barco.com\LOG" don't work.

i would like to point to a certain folder on a network drive where i
select the needed file.

i use now:

With Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogOpen)
.AllowMultiSelect = False
.InitialView = msoFileDialogViewDetails
.Show
If .SelectedItems.Count = 0 Then Exit Sub
VarFile = .SelectedItems(1)
End With

But still not pointing to the right drive / directory

any help welcome

Ludo

Dave Peterson

how to preset to a network drive?

Maybe you don't have to change the folder...

With Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogOpen)
.InitialFileName = "\\KNDCLT13475.barco.com\LOG"
.AllowMultiSelect = False

(Untested. I don't have a UNC path available to check.)

There are ways (API functions) that you could use to change to a network path,
but I bet you don't need them in this case.

--

Dave Peterson

Ludo

Ludo wrote:

Hi,

I would like to open a file on a network drive.

the ChDir "\\KNDCLT13475.barco.com\LOG" don't work.

i would like to point to a certain folder on a network drive where i
select the needed file.

i use now:

* * With Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogOpen)
* * * * .AllowMultiSelect = False
* * * * .InitialView = msoFileDialogViewDetails
* * * * .Show
* * If .SelectedItems.Count = 0 Then Exit Sub
* * VarFile = .SelectedItems(1)
* * End With

But still not pointing to the right drive / directory

any help welcome

Ludo

--

Dave Peterson- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -

Hi Dave,

Thanks a lot, it works;

Regards,
Ludo

Dave Peterson

how to preset to a network drive?

Thanks for posting back with your results.