Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Remove VBA before doing .SaveAs

Hi,

I am using Excel 2007. I have created a file call Template.xlsm that I use
as a template for generating a report. In the Workbook_Open() event form
Template.xlsm, I call Application.Run "BatchReport". "BatchReport" is a Sub
I created that has some code to pull data from a database and put it in the
right places. After the data is returned, all links to the database are
broken so that all data in the workbook is now static. Next, I call
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs to save this workbook to a new filename.

This works great. My only problem is that in my newly created file, the
Workbook_Open() event still calls sub "BatchReport" (which still exists). If
possible, I would like to both (1) remove the call to sub "BatchReport" in
Workbook_Open() and (2) remove sub "BatchReport" entirely.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Paul

--
Paul Kraemer