-   -   Add "paste values" to right-click shortcut menu-how do? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/433807-add-paste-values-right-click-shortcut-menu-how-do.html)

Chet

Add "paste values" to right-click shortcut menu-how do?

Anyone know how to add "paste values" to the shortcut menu that comes
up when you right-click over a worksheet? John Walkenbach refers to
it in his book Power Programming Techniques 5 but I am missing some
details on how to do this. Thanks, Chet

Bernie Deitrick

Add "paste values" to right-click shortcut menu-how do?

Chet,

For all but XL 2007, code from Ron deBruin:

Sub Add_Paste_Special_Button()
' This will add the Paste Special Values button to the cell menu
' after the Paste option
Dim Num As Long
Num = Application.CommandBars("Cell"). _
FindControl(ID:=755).Index
Application.CommandBars("cell").Controls. _
Add Type:=msoControlButton, ID:=370, befo=Num
End Sub

Sub Delete_Paste_Special_Button()
On Error Resume Next
Application.CommandBars("cell").FindControl(ID:=37 0).Delete
On Error GoTo 0
End Sub

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Chet" wrote in message
Anyone know how to add "paste values" to the shortcut menu that comes
up when you right-click over a worksheet? John Walkenbach refers to
it in his book Power Programming Techniques 5 but I am missing some
details on how to do this. Thanks, Chet

Chet

Add "paste values" to right-click shortcut menu-how do?

That is wonderful... one more question. Where might I put this code
so that it will run every time I start Excel?...
Best regards,
Chet

Bernie Deitrick

Add "paste values" to right-click shortcut menu-how do?

You only need to run it once. When you close Excel, your .xlb file will store your modification.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Chet" wrote in message
That is wonderful... one more question. Where might I put this code
so that it will run every time I start Excel?...
Best regards,
Chet

Chet

Add "paste values" to right-click shortcut menu-how do?

Awesome..thanks!