-   -   follow hyperlink then de-select cell (VBA) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/432551-follow-hyperlink-then-de-select-cell-vba.html)

dgold82[_2_]

follow hyperlink then de-select cell (VBA)

I have a bunch of hyperlinks scattered throughout an excel application
that I developed. We are having one little aesthetic problem--the cell
select border (the black border excel puts around an active cell).

Is there a way to programicly de-select a select once the link has
been followed? I have been looking for an activate_hyperlink type of
macro but can't find anything.

My first questions were about trying to remove the border entirely but
I was thinking that if there was some type of VBA code that controls
the way hyperlinks work once clicked--it could be as simple as just
following the hyperlink (which selects the target cell) and then just
de-select.

Any ideas or examples of code? Thank!

dgold82[_2_]

On Aug 18, 10:16*am, dgold82 wrote:
I have a bunch of hyperlinks scattered throughout an excel application
that I developed. We are having one little aesthetic problem--the cell
select border (the black border excel puts around an active cell).

Is there a way to programicly de-select a select once the link has
been followed? I have been looking for an activate_hyperlink type of
macro but can't find anything.

My first questions were about trying to remove the border entirely but
I was thinking that if there was some type of VBA code that controls
the way hyperlinks work once clicked--it could be as simple as just
following the hyperlink (which selects the target cell) and then just
de-select.

Any ideas or examples of code? Thank!

Alternatively, perhaps once the hyperlink is followed a far off cell
is then selected off the screen (without moving the view). How can I
globally do that for all my hyperlinks?